Friday, December 2, 2011

2011 Book List

Since you don't know much about me let me tell you I am  a huge reading nut and I also like sharing. So, sharing this book list of just a few of my favorite books from 2011 seemed like the natural thing to do. F.Y.I. these books aren't in any particular order.

Cleopatra's Moon by Vicky Alvear Shecter
In addition to being crazy about reading, I'm also a history nut.  So, when I read the description for this book I was very interested to read about a person in history that I hadn't even known existed.  I give this book high praise for spinning a entertaining, believable and mostly factual account of Cleopatra Selene, the daughter of Cleopatra and Marc Antony, from very sparse documented evidence.  This definitely earned a 5 stars from me.

Virals series by Kathy Reichs
Who doesn't like a good sci-fi mystery thriller once in a while?  This one is complete with genetically mutated teens, a bevy of bad guys with gun, and a healthy dose of sarcasm.  There are currently two books in the series and don't ask me which one I like better, because I'm not sure yet.  All I know is I stayed up all night to finish each of the books when I was reading them.

Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
I am a huge fan of all of this guys books for kids and have read almost all of them.  this being said it's probably no surprise to hear that I was anxiously awaiting the release of this book and I certainly wasn't disappointed when I reached the last page.  In fact, it left me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next book in the series which in case you were wondering comes out sometime next fall.

Forest Born by Shannon Hale
This author is also one of my favorite s and I enjoy reading all of her books, but the books of the Bayern series are by far my favorites.  Forest Born is the fourth book in the series ans includes an old enemy from the first book, The Goose Girl, magic powers and a quest to save the kingdom.  This book will definitely be on standby in case I need my fairytale fix.

With this year coming to an end and Christmas just around the corner, I'm in the mood for making lists.  I was going to make a list of the 10 sexiest (in my opinion ) actors/singers/celebrities, but then I figured of my dad saw the list it might prompt a rather, um, awkward conversation.   So, I settled for the book list.  Hope you enjoyed it.  I f you're looking for more teen books to read here is a link to a website where you can search lists of books for the ones you might like best http://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/teen
Book-Crazy-Girl signing off
-Sunni G.
P.S. Shemar Moore definitely makes top 3

No comments:

Post a Comment